Latest ActivitiesView All
|Ms. Lynne Barnett, RGN, RM, Cert ed, FNO, Bsc Therapeutic Counselling, MA Psychological Therapies
|Director of The Center for Health Counselling
Tel: (+855) 23 221 624
|Mr. Toch Seyha, BA Psychology, MA Counselling & Clinical Psychology.
|Interpreter and assistant to the Director for Health counselling
Tel: (+855) 85 822 349
Our MissionProfessional health counselling has the potential to help people live well balanced healthy lives and relieve emotional distress; therefore trained counsellors play a crucial role in improving relationships, the health and well-being of individuals, families and communities.
An academic 2 year diploma program in professional health counselling which is evidence-based course is held bi-weekly (alternate weeks) at the University of Puthisastra, on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Course fee: 1,500$ per year (2 year course)
- 20 hours of personal therapy is provided by the university at no additional cost
- In year 2, monthly professional supervision is provided by the university at no additional cost
The course is taught mostly in the Khmer language, with some English language.
Applicants shall meet the following criteria:
- Have high school diploma or equivalent
- Have some English competency
- Demonstrate compassion and commitment to pursue careers which focus directly on the mental health and the well-being of clients. [Download Application Form]
For an application form, updates on admission & registration, please call our information office
Four key values underpin this professional health counselling training course:
- Empathy: The ability to ‘walk alongside’ clients and try to understand the feelings of another. Sharing an experience through relationship
- Acceptance: Understanding that a unique individual is free to choose, try things and make mistakes
- Unconditional positive regard: Accepting that we are a diverse human race and that nobody is perfect
- Genuineness / Congruence: Being true to self. Encouraging openness and honesty within relationships
Western standard ‘Diploma in Professional Health Counselling’
Important Positive outcomes of Health Counselling
- Communities are strengthened by promoting healthy relationships:
- Reduces the crime rate:
- Economic benefits:
Student's voices: Our students share their thoughts and ideas related to being the first cohort of scholars in Cambodia to study an accredited course in 'Professional Health Counselling